Volunteers understand and agree to the following:
1. To be supervised by the designated staff person to whom I will direct any concerns or problems.
2. To be on time and call my supervisor as soon as possible if I am going to be absent or late.
3. To refrain from using profanity and will conduct myself with courtesy at all times.
4. I am not an employee of Norman Bird Sanctuary for any purpose and that as a volunteer, I am not entitled to expect any present or future compensation or benefits.
5. In the event a volunteer becomes injured or witnesses an injury, he/she must report it immediately to the nearest available supervisor or manager.
6. As a volunteer, I understand that I am not covered by the Norman Bird Sanctuary workers’ compensation program and that I should have my own health insurance in the event I am
injured while performing volunteer duties.
7. The Norman Bird Sanctuary’s need for volunteers may change at any time and that my assignment may be curtailed or eliminated at any time and for any reason. I understand that I
may decide at any time to end my volunteer activities.
8. I grant to the Norman Bird Sanctuary the right to take photographs of me in connection with my volunteer role. I authorize Norman Bird Sanctuary its assigns and transferees to
copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically.
9. I agree that Norman Bird Sanctuary may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity,
illustration, advertising, and Web content.
10. If I drive a motor vehicle as part of my volunteer duties, I must possess a valid driver’s license and that the Norman Bird Sanctuary is not responsible for any damage to my vehicle.
11. I, as the volunteer (or parent/legal guardian), hereby authorize, without my prior approval, Norman Bird Sanctuary to seek emergency medical treatment for me in case of an
accident, injury, or illness and to hold the Norman Bird Sanctuary harmless in such an event.
12. Any reports, studies, tests, manuals, instructions, photographs, negatives, blueprints, plans, maps, data system designs, computer code, or any other documents or drawings
prepared or in the course of preparation by me shall be the exclusive property of Norman Bird Sanctuary and all such materials will be remitted by me upon the completion,
termination, or cancellation of my volunteer services. I agree not to use any such materials for any purpose other than the performance of my volunteer service under this
13. I will keep all information confidential, in whatever form, produced, prepared, observed, or received by me as a volunteer to the extent that such information is confidential by law.
By electronically signing this acknowledgement and release, I acknowledge that I am volunteering my services at the Norman Bird Sanctuary. Furthermore, I acknowledge that my participation is completely voluntary and is undertaken with no promise or expectation of compensation. I am aware that, participating in any Norman Bird Sanctuary activities may expose me to personal injury and damage to my property as a result of my activities, the activities of other person(s), or the conditions under which my volunteer services are performed. With full knowledge and understanding, I accept any and all risks of damage, injury, illness, or death and I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators, hereby release, hold harmless, and indemnify the Norman Bird Sanctuary, its staff, board members, and any other representatives from any and all claims for property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death - including those caused by negligence and/or other reasons.
I have carefully read this acknowledgement and release, and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and I freely and voluntarily accept the terms. I certify that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age or, if I am under eighteen (18) years of age, I have obtained the electronic signature of my parent or guardian below. I further state that I am in proper condition for participation in Norman Bird Sanctuary activities. I agree to abide by the rules established by the Norman Bird Sanctuary, as well as the volunteer expectations.